What makes a man or woman burn for the Gospel? It is the restless knowledge that there is Someone greater, worth burning for. The martyr is martyred because he has caught a glimpse of the glory of God and could not remain silent!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Why do we call it summer?

When I was younger I always considered summer a time for fun, relaxation, no school, etc. However as the last update on my blog was like back in may you can only imagine how my ideal of summer has been shattered this year. I feel like I've grown up and that no more can I call summer fun. In fact I can't wait for it to get over. Well, in June Canyon Ridge had our VBS and every week in June we had a different youth group come help us promote, decorate and then actually assist us in our VBS. We had some great times but man it was a whirlwind trying to coordinate these youth! Well, July has turned out to be no better. First, a trip to Chicago preparing for a new vision at my church, and this week, I am at GMA in the Rockies. It is a competition for aspiring artists and songwriters. I am here for free b/c Lifeway (my side job) has a booth up here and so my boss asked me if I wanted to come and I was like do penguins have feathers? So I am here and I get to go to concerts every night go to seminars and most importantly scope out how good you have to be to win the competitions! Hopefully next year I'll be able to come (with my band www.bvcband.blogspot.com) as a competitor! Well, so this WDM blog is going to be about my life and what God is doing in my personal life and whatnot and any musings I have on my life. The Reformationaries blog will be dedicated to what God is teaching me and so I'll be sharing that sort of reformationary stuff there. And the band blog will be for any updates as far as if we ever make a CD or play a show or lead worship at a conference or whatever!
Oh and before I say adieu at our booth every night during the concerts, this lady sneaks in, we assume, and pretends to be an attender but she comes to our makeshift store and tries to shoplift. I am so aggrivated. The first night she got like 3 CD's last night she would pick up a t shirt unfold set it on something and was gonna try to walk of with the something she set it on. But she like stood there and read the same 3 t shirts like 15 times. All the while I just stood right next to her and gave her no opportunity to get a 5 finger discount. She's the best shoplifter I've ever seen and supposedly she'll be here every night. I don't think my patience will last that long! Oh and she looks like the bird lady from "home alone."

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Have you seen alot of shoplifters?? Maybe if you gently said something to her she would be so embarassed and afraid of being caught that she would stop? I'd hate to be in that situation!

1:49 PM, August 01, 2006

 
Blogger BenZ said...

well technically she could get me in big trouble if she wasn't shoplifting and i accused her of it. So all I can do is intimidate her by my presence!

3:58 PM, August 01, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds exciting! Hope she didn't get away with many of those 5 fingered discounts. Good glory. I shall look forward to hearing more tales of your time at GMA!!

7:43 PM, August 12, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home