What makes a man or woman burn for the Gospel? It is the restless knowledge that there is Someone greater, worth burning for. The martyr is martyred because he has caught a glimpse of the glory of God and could not remain silent!

Friday, November 19, 2004

Prayer, Praise and Oppression

Tonight, while I was janitorizing (my job), I began singing and worshipping God. I sang new songs and old songs, I poured out my heart to God while scrubbing a toilet! Suddenly, I began to pray fervently for this trip to Africa. I prayed for this trip like I haven't before. God has really been showing me how to pray through the Spirit lately. But, as this time of solitary/sanitary worship carried on I began to feel a spirit of Oppression from the "dark side." Now, part of that may have been the coyote's howl, or the other wierd noises, but nonetheless I felt it. I began to pray and praise even more desperately, depending on God completely for my "salvation" from the boogieman. As I continued to rest and hide in Him I realized that this is what He wants from me all the time. Not just when I'm scared, but when I'm a "million" miles from home in the Great Rift Valley of Africa on the base of Mount Kilimanjaro! AHA! I think I am starting to get it!

Praising and polishing in Him,
BenZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home