What makes a man or woman burn for the Gospel? It is the restless knowledge that there is Someone greater, worth burning for. The martyr is martyred because he has caught a glimpse of the glory of God and could not remain silent!

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear dad, Happy Birthday to you!

Last night, we very successfully kidnapped and distracted my dad while we set up a surprise party for my dad's birthday. I was the kidnapper. He followed my every plan. Thanks to Katie, who "locked" herself out of our office, we had to go rescue her. It happened to be in the middle of Denver rush hour traffic... by design, of course. My dad was fretting about the youth group and him not being there on time. I reassured him that mom was there and she would make sure everything went well until we got there. We arrived promptly at 6:15Pm, a so called 15 minutes "late", but right on time, actually. He was greatly surprised and we had a wonderful evening.

We had titled our surprise plans as "Operation Spicy Pickle" so that my dad would not know what we were talking about if he overheard us. They decorated in green, served pickles and played a pickle game. Then they explained on the card the reason for the spicy pickle title... Tom, you are just like a spicy pickle. You may get old, but you'll never go bad.

Happy Birthday, dad! I love you!
Jaclyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home