What makes a man or woman burn for the Gospel? It is the restless knowledge that there is Someone greater, worth burning for. The martyr is martyred because he has caught a glimpse of the glory of God and could not remain silent!

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Why I am not a poet.

I was going to attempt todo a cute little poem along the lines of:

Twas' the 'fore Tanzania
And all through the house
Was littered clothing items
And some sort of blouse.

But obviously poetry skills evade me. I have been realizing, however, something very, very profound. Everything was created to point to Jesus Christ. No matter if it is the Atheist or the snow outside or the deserts of Africa! God created them to glorify Jesus. As the Scripture says, "One day every knee will bow...and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!" Isn't it interesting how we try to avoid this fact and deny Jesus' supremecy? I mean daily I try to point to myself and glorify me, but Jesus uses my sinful strivings to glorify Himself in the longrun. So, here is the thought that has been chewing on my brain. Why don't I just give in to His desire and just glorify Him already?! I mean He's gonna get the glory anyway so why don't I try to get started now?! It's because His grace is made perfect in my weakness, and therfore He is glorified. And even my willing glorification is done through His shed blood.

So there stood my Jesus
All in Glory and Grace
And he chose me despite my fuss
To look on His face

Ok, I'll quit with the poetry!

For His name is the desire of my heart,
BenZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home